Dutch Annual Virology Symposium (DAVS)
van 10:00 tot 17:00
The Dutch Annual Virology Symposium (DAVS) offers young and established virologists a platform to present their research. In 2021, the DAVS will be held online on Friday March 5. In addition to oral presentations, this year the symposium will include poster presentations.
Call for abstracts
You are kindly invited to submit your abstract by email to congresbureau [at] knaw.nl. Please indicate whether you would like to give an oral presentation, or a poster presentation. Please include institute, title and authors (underlining the name of the presenter) in your abstract (300 words max).
The deadline for submissions is 25 January 2021.
The program will commence at 10:00 and end at 17:00. Speakers to be announced.
The program will include:
- keynote speaker
- oral presentations (15-20 min.)
- poster presentation pitches (3 min.)
- breakout and meet the speaker sessions
- presentation of the 2020 and 2021 KNAW Beijerinck Premium to outstanding young virologists, followed by lectures by the laureates
- presentation of the M.W. Beijerinck Virology Prize winner, followed by keynote lecture by the laureate
For more information, contact Jolanda Pel (congresbureau [at] knaw.nl).
The symposium will be held under the auspices of the Royal Dutch Society for Microbiology (KNVM) and is supported by the Beijerinck Virology Fund (BVF).
On behalf of the organising committee,
Monique van Oers, Jolanda Smit, Emmanuel Wiertz and Raoul de Groot